I kinda like shutdown night - no raids - just time to potter and do the WoW housework.
Not that we got shutdown last night - but still, nothing in the calendar means we get time for other distractions.
I therefore took the opportunity to do some more research into inscription. As mentioned yestderday, there is an ink called Ink of the Sea. Its become rather obvious to me that this ink is the lynchpin in the whole glyphing profession.
Ink of the Sea can be traded at a vendor on a 1 to 1 basis for any other ink. There are eight inks to choose from. There is one other ink that costs 10 IotSea - and that one (Snowfall Ink) is used in the high end cards and the shoulder enchants)
Anyway - of the eight other inks - the majority cost more than 2g to produce, whilst IotSea has a production cost of a little over 2g. Therefore its cheaper to make IotSea than buy the herbs to make all the others. Simple busienss practice says focus on IotSea. So I am!
IotSea is made from Azure Pigment - which in turn comes from the majority of Northrend Herbs. So on top of the five low level herbs mentioned in the previous post, I'm now buying up everything 40s or less of the Northrend Herbs.
Its rather fun - I would much rather come in under the radar - spamming trade isnt my thing - I prefer entering a market from left field so the competitiors dont see it coming.
Talking of competitors - I've also checked the AH for who currently appears to be in the glyph market - and the answer appears to be no one. Well, no one much. I already have more glyphs on the AH (albeit crappy ones) that any other competitor. I'll continue to review this over the week but it appears my server is ripe for the picking which makes me happy
Not that we got shutdown last night - but still, nothing in the calendar means we get time for other distractions.
I therefore took the opportunity to do some more research into inscription. As mentioned yestderday, there is an ink called Ink of the Sea. Its become rather obvious to me that this ink is the lynchpin in the whole glyphing profession.
Ink of the Sea can be traded at a vendor on a 1 to 1 basis for any other ink. There are eight inks to choose from. There is one other ink that costs 10 IotSea - and that one (Snowfall Ink) is used in the high end cards and the shoulder enchants)
Anyway - of the eight other inks - the majority cost more than 2g to produce, whilst IotSea has a production cost of a little over 2g. Therefore its cheaper to make IotSea than buy the herbs to make all the others. Simple busienss practice says focus on IotSea. So I am!
IotSea is made from Azure Pigment - which in turn comes from the majority of Northrend Herbs. So on top of the five low level herbs mentioned in the previous post, I'm now buying up everything 40s or less of the Northrend Herbs.
Its rather fun - I would much rather come in under the radar - spamming trade isnt my thing - I prefer entering a market from left field so the competitiors dont see it coming.
Talking of competitors - I've also checked the AH for who currently appears to be in the glyph market - and the answer appears to be no one. Well, no one much. I already have more glyphs on the AH (albeit crappy ones) that any other competitor. I'll continue to review this over the week but it appears my server is ripe for the picking which makes me happy
No comments:
Post a Comment