So as I said before - I've decided to spend some gold investing whether Gevlon's theory that Glyphs are the Holy Grail of earning gold is true.
I'm not quite ready yet - my hunter is still 12 levels from 65 - the point at which I can take my inscription to 450 and evidently thats when the real fun begins.
However the theory is simple enough - using Auctioneer and LilSparky's Workshop addons you find the glyphs you are able to scribe that sell for more than they cost to make - and you sell them.
However where the interesting part is Gevlon's theory of undercutting - not competing with a 1c undercut - but undercutting hard and deep. This will eventually drive the competitors out the market and leave you with the lion's share.
Its not a theory I've applied much before - enchating mats have no requirement for huge undercuts - zero fees mean there is no requirement to - plus it doesnt matter - they sell even if you come in a little over the bottom price. Purchases are made based on market value and sales are made on market value - so you cant lose.
However I have applied the deep undercut in other markets - JCing being one - cut gems is a fickle market and with chunky posting fees you need to ensure your gems sell. There honestly isnt much worse than the seeing a gem in your mailbox coming back unsold - thats good gold going to waste.
So I am leveling my hunter as quickly as I can - she's an inscriber/engineer - curious mix - but selected purely because I dont have either to a decent level.
However all is not lost - I've been pretty good with ensuring that I do my research each day - so I have a lot of glyphs that appear to make a decent profit. However its not quite as straight forward as that.
I'm not quite ready yet - my hunter is still 12 levels from 65 - the point at which I can take my inscription to 450 and evidently thats when the real fun begins.
However the theory is simple enough - using Auctioneer and LilSparky's Workshop addons you find the glyphs you are able to scribe that sell for more than they cost to make - and you sell them.
However where the interesting part is Gevlon's theory of undercutting - not competing with a 1c undercut - but undercutting hard and deep. This will eventually drive the competitors out the market and leave you with the lion's share.
Its not a theory I've applied much before - enchating mats have no requirement for huge undercuts - zero fees mean there is no requirement to - plus it doesnt matter - they sell even if you come in a little over the bottom price. Purchases are made based on market value and sales are made on market value - so you cant lose.
However I have applied the deep undercut in other markets - JCing being one - cut gems is a fickle market and with chunky posting fees you need to ensure your gems sell. There honestly isnt much worse than the seeing a gem in your mailbox coming back unsold - thats good gold going to waste.
So I am leveling my hunter as quickly as I can - she's an inscriber/engineer - curious mix - but selected purely because I dont have either to a decent level.
However all is not lost - I've been pretty good with ensuring that I do my research each day - so I have a lot of glyphs that appear to make a decent profit. However its not quite as straight forward as that.
No comments:
Post a Comment