It started out as a wee experiment one night. Could I make money on both sides of the great WoW divide on the same server - which I knew I could but just how much
I created an undead rogue leveled him to level 10 - and I took him to The Undercity.
I'll admit that this was the first time I'd looked at the horde AH. Its a rather different beast to the Alliance one - 17K listings compared to 30K was the most obvious difference - but the second biggest difference were the prices.
Anyways, off runs hordie to a neutral AH, and 100g is traded over at a cost of 15g.
85g is spent as follows:
enchanting bags x1
16 slot bags x2
Leveling enchanting to 150
Obviously leveling the enchanting was done in conjunction with disenchanting items purchased from the AH - well I had to do something during the time I was getting a decent database built up didnt I? But the time he hit 150 (couple of days) - funds were around 60g
Next I leveled hordie to level 20 - and immediately took enchanting to 225. He's now settled into the run between the auctioneer and the mail box where he'll likely stay forever.
As I mentioned there are differences on the Horde side - many of which work to my advantage.
Firstly the enchanting mats are always higher - and somewhat more stable. Prices don't have the huge swings we regularly get Alliance side - and a predictive market is always easier to manage - especially if you are only visiting once a day.
High end gear is generally cheaper than on the Alliance - as are a lot of recipes (Ulduar LWing, Tailoring, BSing) and until 3.2 was released runed orbs were about 40% cheaper.
Its a new market and its fun to learn something new - and if asked I would tell people never to assume anything is going to be the same or even similar between two markets. Because it never is - and the fun's in learning the eddies of the great river of the free market.
Passing money over the neutral AH is always a pain. You have two options:
Anyways he's a happy little hordie - I'm rather fond of him to be honest and he's happily earning 5k a week. He's my offshore high interest account I guess you'd say.
I created an undead rogue leveled him to level 10 - and I took him to The Undercity.
I'll admit that this was the first time I'd looked at the horde AH. Its a rather different beast to the Alliance one - 17K listings compared to 30K was the most obvious difference - but the second biggest difference were the prices.
Anyways, off runs hordie to a neutral AH, and 100g is traded over at a cost of 15g.
85g is spent as follows:
enchanting bags x1
16 slot bags x2
Leveling enchanting to 150
Obviously leveling the enchanting was done in conjunction with disenchanting items purchased from the AH - well I had to do something during the time I was getting a decent database built up didnt I? But the time he hit 150 (couple of days) - funds were around 60g
Next I leveled hordie to level 20 - and immediately took enchanting to 225. He's now settled into the run between the auctioneer and the mail box where he'll likely stay forever.
As I mentioned there are differences on the Horde side - many of which work to my advantage.
Firstly the enchanting mats are always higher - and somewhat more stable. Prices don't have the huge swings we regularly get Alliance side - and a predictive market is always easier to manage - especially if you are only visiting once a day.
High end gear is generally cheaper than on the Alliance - as are a lot of recipes (Ulduar LWing, Tailoring, BSing) and until 3.2 was released runed orbs were about 40% cheaper.
Its a new market and its fun to learn something new - and if asked I would tell people never to assume anything is going to be the same or even similar between two markets. Because it never is - and the fun's in learning the eddies of the great river of the free market.
Passing money over the neutral AH is always a pain. You have two options:
- Pass a loaf of bread across for 1000g - and you look like a gold seller and get stung with a 15% AH fee. 1000g in, 850g out - no thank you very much.
- Sell a high end item for 1g - well you have those 5 seconds of panic whilst your partner quickly searches and buys the item but thats part of the thrill - plus the AH get diddly and that works for me. I havent lost one yet - but if I do you have to take it on the chin and move on.
Anyways he's a happy little hordie - I'm rather fond of him to be honest and he's happily earning 5k a week. He's my offshore high interest account I guess you'd say.
No comments:
Post a Comment