Friday, September 18, 2009

Guild Distractions

I gquit last night.

I was an officer in a medium sized social raiding guild - the guild hasnt done that much - cleared Naxx 25, 6 bosses down in Ulduar 10 - but slowly but surely we were progressing.

My partner was also an officer in the same guild but left a few weeks ago because of a changing set of attitudes in the mass ranks. There was a murmuring of descent being vocalised and the Guild Leader has been away dealing with real life issues. The Officers were split on how to proceed and my partner decided it was time for her to move on.

My exiting came about following some abuse of one member (a teenager) by another - I booted the abuser from the guild but this decision was reversed without discussion with me.

Feeling my position as officer was compromised I gquit.

I am quite happy with my decision although I am still annoyed with the direction the guild has gone. What was once a safe environment for guild members to bring children into has become one where it is deemed acceptable to swear and abuse kids.

This saddens me. Especially as the kid that was abuse also gquit because of the reinstatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment