In early September 2009, I discovered the blog of Gevlon, the original Greedy Goblin- and although I may not agree with every word that comes forth from his fingertips - I found myself nodding a great deal and had more than a few chuckles at many of his posts.
So much as I hate admitting it - Gevlon is the inspiration for this blog - as this blog will be focusing on my WoW life - and the time I spend in and around Aseroth - a sizable chunk of which is spent near or in the AH.
I've played WoW for about 18 months - originally I shared an account with my partner and her son and 6 months ago we split the accounts so that I play off one account and they share the other.
I am a priest in game - an enchanter and jewelery crafter by profession. Utilising these professions, in addition to the addon auctioneer - I have earnt gold enough to keep the whole family happy.
Currently scattered across various toons - I have around 30K in gold. I earn approximately 10k a week at a rate of around 1000g/hour - not to Gevlon standards but more than enough to meet the needs of a teenage boy and his achievement driven mother.
I own 2 guilds - with a total of 8 guild bank tabs. I am a member of a third. I own two land mount and three flying mounts.
My partner runs a guild - had 57 mounts, more than 75 vanilty pets, owns the majority of leatherworking recipes in the game and loves buying pretty things which have little use. All this makes her happy - which in turn makes me happy.
This weekend I have just started the Gevlon school of a making money using inscription - alas my inscriber only at skill 375 and wont hit 65 for about a week - but its going to be fun to tracking this new gold making scheme. Obviously I don't intend to stop my other gold making activities until I know that I can make more doing less - so for a while there will be two parallel businesses running which will eat into my gaming time - but thats fine I'm over raiding at the moment
So much as I hate admitting it - Gevlon is the inspiration for this blog - as this blog will be focusing on my WoW life - and the time I spend in and around Aseroth - a sizable chunk of which is spent near or in the AH.
I've played WoW for about 18 months - originally I shared an account with my partner and her son and 6 months ago we split the accounts so that I play off one account and they share the other.
I am a priest in game - an enchanter and jewelery crafter by profession. Utilising these professions, in addition to the addon auctioneer - I have earnt gold enough to keep the whole family happy.
Currently scattered across various toons - I have around 30K in gold. I earn approximately 10k a week at a rate of around 1000g/hour - not to Gevlon standards but more than enough to meet the needs of a teenage boy and his achievement driven mother.
I own 2 guilds - with a total of 8 guild bank tabs. I am a member of a third. I own two land mount and three flying mounts.
My partner runs a guild - had 57 mounts, more than 75 vanilty pets, owns the majority of leatherworking recipes in the game and loves buying pretty things which have little use. All this makes her happy - which in turn makes me happy.
This weekend I have just started the Gevlon school of a making money using inscription - alas my inscriber only at skill 375 and wont hit 65 for about a week - but its going to be fun to tracking this new gold making scheme. Obviously I don't intend to stop my other gold making activities until I know that I can make more doing less - so for a while there will be two parallel businesses running which will eat into my gaming time - but thats fine I'm over raiding at the moment
No comments:
Post a Comment