Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Great Glyph Experiment Part Two

Over the past weekend I install LilSparky's Workshop for the first time - nice little addon - bit glitchy and a little underdocumented for the general user - but a hour or so and pretty soon you work out most things.

Anyway I made a ton of glyphs - which was annoying - hunter was only lvl 48 at the time and was already maxed. Everything was sent to my innocent guild banker who listed with a decent undercut. I was happy - not a complete experiment but definately a whole foot in the water. 300 glyphs posted... so now there was nothing to do buy wait

However during that hour I made the most obvious mistake ever - and rather than the price to make the glyph showing correctly, I had set up wrong. I should have known better - like I was going to get 35-40x return on my glyphs. /facepalm

I realised my mistake the next day when I went into my enchanting for something random and LSW was giving me duff data - data which I know implicitly that was wrong.

After tweaking again I realised that I I'd made a ton of glyphs that LSW suggests I'll take a huge hit on - and a lot of glyphs I should have made remain purely as ink and parchment.

Not the most auspicious start of my glyphing career - but as long as you learn from your mistakes then it doesnt matter - espcially when you have the funds to bankroll yourself through such cock ups.

Right taking the bull by the horns I quickly pushed hunter to 50 - and instantly pushed inscription to 375. Alas still not good enough for Books of Mastery Glyphery - but one step closer.

During the levelling to 375 I created a lot of useless glyphs - always making those the LSW suggested were the most profitable but not ones I'd been making in the future.

With now 500+ glyphs - I've split across two bank toons:
  1. Anonymous bank toon 1 (ABT1) - gots all the glyphs that LSW suggests will sell for 250%+ of the ink price (approx 150 glyphs)
  2. Anonymous bank toon 2 (ABT2) - got everything else. (approx 350 glyphs)
Its been 4 days and to be honest I am still confused - ABT1 is selling but slowly. ABT2 is also selling - possibly equally as slowly but due to high stock probably not.

ABT1 is batch posting to keep 5 of each glyph on at all times - ABH2 is listing everything all the time.

I'm gonna continue this until I hit level 65 - because my observations would tell me that glyphs that sell well can either be under or over the 250% threshold - so you have to ask yourself - do you sell based on profit or turnover?

No comments:

Post a Comment