Monday, September 14, 2009

How I made my money - a history (Part Two)

It became very obvious very quickly that DEing is a very profitable past time. People need mats to enchant things - they cant be purchased from a vendor - they can only be obtained from disenchanting greens, blues and purples.

With a market where demand always exceeds supply - its the perfect way to make money.

I quickly leveled my enchating to level 225. I'd realised that getting the skill up was the key - more things you can DE the more mats you have to sell.

However I was more than 10 levels from level 35 - which was the next point I could increase my enchanting.

I pushed through these levels (its a hard time in a priests career) and got to 35. I was enchanting level 300 within an hour (I'd been saving mats for a week).

Over the next few weeks I was making gold hand over fist - I broke 5000g and everyone was happy. The hunter was pushing towards level 60 by this stage and it was nice to be able to give my partner money for flying.

I sat at level 35 for months - but the itch in the back of my head of wanting to get my DEing to 375 (and increase profit further) was always there. I eventually made the push to 50 which allowed me to DE practically everything in the game before retiring the priest to a life in the AH. And there he sat until about 6 months ago when we split the account and bought a second PC.

DEing is my main source of income but I have also dabbled in the resale market - mostly in trade goods. I've been stung a few times - and know the market a lot better now than I care to admit. I make the occasional speculative purchase - but nothing major. Most of the time I just buy low and sell high. I read a lot and know whats coming up - small eggs at christmas, titanium ore at 3.2 etc

Over the last 6 months I've started branching out into other areas due to competition - enchant scrolls, prospecting for profit - but DEing is the main fallback position and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment