I decided I needed a multi person mount - so I bought one.
The funny thing about multi passenger mounts that may be purchased with in game gold is that you actually have a very limited choice - just three in fact. The Grand Ice Mammoth from the Sons of Hodir, the Mekgineer's Chopper/Mechano-hog and the Travelers Tundra Mammoth.
Obviously I bought the Tundra Mammoth - if a goblin intends to invest a significant chunk of gold into something it might as well be a portable shop. I just wish the damn thing went through doors/round trees/over small bumps in the landscape - it reminds me why I hated being a low level Draenai so much.
I've resisted buying one before because of the cost - 16k (or 8k and 12.5k if you went with one of the other two) is quite an outlay - but ultimately its less than a weeks profit.
I'm not a big one for mounts - I have some horses (Sard is human) and the cats from Darnassus (I love cats) and the PvP mounts (from when I was first getting into PvP and the honor was flying in). I also have a few from AQ40. Flying mounts are even fewer and farther in between - the one from Occulus and CoS, the one from Glory of the Hero and the Wyrmrest Rep one (first drake purchased) plus a few eagles.
All up the mammoth is only my 17th mount - and the most expensive by far.
Do I see anyway to find additional avenues for profiteering because of the purchase? Not really. I do have an issue with backpack space these days because I now carry three sets of gear (Disc/Shadow/PvP) but generally have 20 or so slots available for when I go off to do something random.
If I am farming something or other (a rare occurrence) its generally enchanting mats that I am after (Stratholme runs come to mind). As an enchanter with a 32 slot enchanting bag (which is part of my bag space issue I admit) I don't have the issue of greens and blues taking up back pack space - they are instantly destroyed and neatly stacked away.
Actually completely running out of bag space is rare outside of visiting the mailbox after an AH scan - however now I have the mammoth perhaps I will take the opportunity to smash through some instances for mats without the long trek back to the nearest shop to decant.
Will I get one for Puraa? No. As an engineer she has Jeeves and a mailbox. I know that Jeeves has a one hour cooldown and MOLL-E a two hour cooldown - but my boredom threshold of farming isn't much beyond a couple of hours anyway so these are plenty.
The funny thing about multi passenger mounts that may be purchased with in game gold is that you actually have a very limited choice - just three in fact. The Grand Ice Mammoth from the Sons of Hodir, the Mekgineer's Chopper/Mechano-hog and the Travelers Tundra Mammoth.
Obviously I bought the Tundra Mammoth - if a goblin intends to invest a significant chunk of gold into something it might as well be a portable shop. I just wish the damn thing went through doors/round trees/over small bumps in the landscape - it reminds me why I hated being a low level Draenai so much.
I've resisted buying one before because of the cost - 16k (or 8k and 12.5k if you went with one of the other two) is quite an outlay - but ultimately its less than a weeks profit.
I'm not a big one for mounts - I have some horses (Sard is human) and the cats from Darnassus (I love cats) and the PvP mounts (from when I was first getting into PvP and the honor was flying in). I also have a few from AQ40. Flying mounts are even fewer and farther in between - the one from Occulus and CoS, the one from Glory of the Hero and the Wyrmrest Rep one (first drake purchased) plus a few eagles.
All up the mammoth is only my 17th mount - and the most expensive by far.
Do I see anyway to find additional avenues for profiteering because of the purchase? Not really. I do have an issue with backpack space these days because I now carry three sets of gear (Disc/Shadow/PvP) but generally have 20 or so slots available for when I go off to do something random.
If I am farming something or other (a rare occurrence) its generally enchanting mats that I am after (Stratholme runs come to mind). As an enchanter with a 32 slot enchanting bag (which is part of my bag space issue I admit) I don't have the issue of greens and blues taking up back pack space - they are instantly destroyed and neatly stacked away.
Actually completely running out of bag space is rare outside of visiting the mailbox after an AH scan - however now I have the mammoth perhaps I will take the opportunity to smash through some instances for mats without the long trek back to the nearest shop to decant.
Will I get one for Puraa? No. As an engineer she has Jeeves and a mailbox. I know that Jeeves has a one hour cooldown and MOLL-E a two hour cooldown - but my boredom threshold of farming isn't much beyond a couple of hours anyway so these are plenty.

1 comment:
Welcome to the "Can you run my lvl10 from IF to Wetlands" club :D
Post a Comment