Friday, August 20, 2010

What the heck is going on with the glyph market?

Glyphs on my server are still very hit and miss - and following a 2 week break it was interesting to see what would happened.


The gold sellers moved on a while ago - I guess we killed the market enough that it was no longer worth them hanging around - but new players always appear to fill a void and so is the case with Caels glyph market.


Foo's still there and doing well but appears inconsistent with his posting. There are a couple of new faces as well but again arent consistent.

I've been back less than a week - and when I posted to the AH the first day, I dropped around 700 glyphs above 5g each. I put another 600 on 12 hours later and another 600 12 hours after that. The next scan I posted nothing because all glyphs had dropped below 5g (my threshold). The funny thing was these were posted is pairs for 12 hours (erm didnt you read my post - 1s in minimum deposit fee now 12 or 48hours).

I collected the glyphs as they came off the market and posted early Monday morning before work - 600 glyphs were posted.

Now I tried to work this out - kill the market (for me at least) for 12 hours then allow me to re-enter. Only post two glyphs so that I'm getting the sales once your limited supplies are used up. And then don't bother coming back?!?

I never take down undercut auctions - I maintain enough stock that I don't have to - I post three glyphs at a time so a stack of 20 allows me enough to keep reposting a number of times in the 48 hour posting window. Generally I have three rounds of postings in a 48 hour window. The fourth posting usually coincides with the first lot expiring. So to summarise I have 9-12 glyphs posted at a time with 8-10 on the posting toon.

Restocking is done every few days and takes minimal time (usually less time than it takes to wait for my daily).

How I admit my sales aren't what they used to be way back when. But the glyphs generate several thousand gold a week and do not take up the time they used to.

As for Foo - he makes me giggle. He has a friend who does his milling for him - but Foo is only interested in Ink of the Sea. So Foo sent him in my direction - so I now purchase all the Snowfall Ink he has.

I havent looked into it too deeply - but Foo care to answer me a couple of questions?
1. Who supplies all the herbs? You or your miller?
2. Are the herbs farmed or AH purchased?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this deep suspicion that if I understood all the above I might have actually hit the 10K mark I was aiming for.
I can't seem to sell glyphs at all.
And the bottom has fallen out of bold cards.
But I'm gonna convert badges to gems for a while and see how that goes.
Someone might pay me for milling herbs?

Anonymous said...

Hi dude, I appreciate your job in this blog!
Glyph market on my realm are damm crazy 70% of the glyphs are above 5g, but btw IM getting herbs (Adders and Icethorn) from 8g/stack from farmers, almost 2000g in herbs every day. Im my miller, crafter and I clean up the AH herbs below 12g stack to fuck my competitors or at least dificult it for new players.


Greetings from Brazil!!!

Cold said...

The market has been crashed due to all the idiots that follow Gevlon and his Glyph-Mart strategy. Then you have the no-lifers camping the AH and undercutting you within seconds of posting.

beingmused said...

Xeppe - When I first got my JC up to 455 a month ago I was discouraged by the fact that Bold Cardinals were going for 120 max (and since all ore is UBER expensive, the raw gems aren't cheap).

But what I realized was that there was a bidding war going on between a gold seller and a few intrepid JC folks who didn't want to cede their market over. Once that settled down both parties backed off and now I'm selling about as many Bold Cardinals as I want for 160-170g apiece. The King Amber cuts I've gotten are very profitable as well. Do diversify your cuts - some cut gem markets will be crashed while others will be high, even of the same color gem.

Wek said...

Hi breevok, I can answer those questions for ya, Foo doesn't supply the herbs and I get my herbs off some people direct as well as the AH

Foo said...

Yup. Wek is my ink supplier. I will also buy cheap inks off the AH. I have stockpiled enough inks make use of a second guild bank.

Wek also was posting my glyphs too, but was stuggling from time pressure. So I have just taken over selling my own glyphs again, and ... havent got my qa settings right yet.

As I already have 2 accounts (one for me and one for my son), I am now using 3 toons on my son's account to do the posting, while I am doing other stuff on my account.

There will currently be some gaps. Altoholic bag sharing between accounts is good, but sometimes gets confused. However, I now know what toons will be posting what glyphs, and have reset my inventory (cleared out datastore files), so the gaps will be closing soon.

I am sick of being 'sniped' by Bankzoors (and a couple of others) by 1 silver, so I intend to maintain a wall of glyphs over the next few weeks, until I am making about 100 glyphs/day. My postings should be 48 hours (no cancel), reposted between once and twice a day, as low as I need it to make my 'quota' of glyphs. If I sell too many glyphs, I will raise my price.

Wek will tell you quite happily what he is selling inks for (and what I pay changes according to my stock levels).

And in responce to gems (when I am not stuffing up), I am struggling to sell cut epics gems for 95g/105g. I am contemplating my buy and sell prices, but there is still too much gold in gems to bail.

Post a Comment