Sunday, October 17, 2010

Trilbin's 5 minutes of Fame at the Undermine Journal


I've spoken of the Undermine Journal before - its a wonderful site which allows snap shots of many aspects of a servers economy.

My server went down a while ago and I clicked to see how my stats were for the blog (the answer being better than ever without the need to whore myself across the blogsphere), and I noticed a couple of visitors has come from the Undermine Journal.

This piqued my interest and I went and had a read. I discovered a couple of things.

1. Firstly, evidently I am one of a number of blogs being 'Monitored For Content' - which is rather flattering. Greetings to the cre wat the UJ, you are most welcome

2. For each server on UJ, they list the top 10 sellers. Evidently Trilbin is one of these right now. No one who reads here will have a clue who Trilbin is, until I confess that this is the toon I did the 'Auctioneer Resale Experiment' with. Trilbin is still trying to sell huge amounts of crap, but has broke 16k in gold. 6k profit for 2 weeks work is not something I would crow about - but being one of the top 10 sellers on Cael is a badge of honour I'll happily wear :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I top selling/top items changes at UJ a little while back. Since I didn't see any info describing exactly what constituted as being a top seller, I checked out the developer blog and found the following.

Quote:

"It gave me the opportunity to add "Hot Items" and "Top Sellers" lists. They both show those items/sellers that have the most auctions, or the most quantity of items, or the highest prices on the Auction House as of the last scan. Not intended to be 100% useful, but some interesting stuff to look at."

http://blog.theunderminejournal.com/index.php?itemid=131

I tested it out too, and you can either post up a large amount of auctions or post up a few auctions at insane prices and you'll make it on the list.

Post a Comment