Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Great Glyph Experiment Part Twenty Two

Its been a while since a post just about glyphs occured...so here it is :)


On Christmas day I finally learnt the last of the glyphs - so my scribe can not make every glyph currently available in the game. It was a long hard slog to get there but now its done I no long need to do my daily research and snowfall ink can be put to better use.

I now have stocks of 334 of these glyphs for selling.

I've continued with my threshold prices of 3g55s for single ink glyphs and 5g for double ink glyphs. I list three singles of each glyph (if they meet the threshold criteria) and currently list once or twice a day for 48 hours.

The Christmas/New Year period has been interesting for glyphs. I've stopped be quite so obsessive about glyhs (due to other distractions) so I've just taken the approach of post and walk away.

However I've noticed that each day the number of glyphs being posted increases. Prior to Christmas; of the 300+ glyphs types I had available; I would only be posting about 100-150 glyphs each time - or 35 to 50 glyphs types.

This number has slowly increased over the holidays - and now I am posting around 350-400 (120-130 glyph types) each time I post.

Sales have also increased - from selling 50-80 glyphs a day - I'm now selling 200+.

I've honestly stopped trying to fathom it all out - I'm just enjoying the routine of finding more and more gold in my mailbox each morning.

Will this change last forever? I havent a clue - the glyph campers may well return in force this week or next. But much like enchanting mats - glyphs have now just become a source of income that just happens.

In related news - Armor Vellum III are still selling well - easily clearing 4g50s each. Although less profitable than some glyphs there are advantages - not least restocking supplies. Just buying a load of parchment and clicking create all is a lot lot easier.

And for the record - I still hate restocking glyphs ;)

Other scribe news - Rituals of the New Moon still sell - although I've increased prices to 175g (!) to compensate for the increased prices in Eternal Shadow.

Runescrolls of Fortitude - recently added to my reportoire - selling well at 4g+ a pop. This is great as the price of snowfall inks has dropped to around 12g each on my server so its nice to be able to keep the profits up there.

Darkmoon Cards - although I'm not making any I have had darkmoon cards on snatch. Focusing on the Prisms, Undeath and Nobles deck - I'm creating decks for 240g, 320g and 2400g each respecitively. These sell for 500g, 1000g and 5000g+ a week after the faire, so longer term investments can pay dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment