Following on from the poll I started yesterday, I thought it was time I revisited my Horde toon on this blog.
I've mentioned him a few times before on this blog - and I'm still rather fond of him. He'd taken a bit of a back seat over recent times - partially because he's part of my partners account (and therefore I cant access him as easily as I can my own toons) but also because I've been somewhat focused on the Alliance AH since just before 3.3 was released.
What piqued my interest again was when I flicked over to him to review the prices of Primordial Saronite - which is a rather exclusive material these days. Unforunately on my server Horde and Alliance prices are somewhat similar - around the 2.2k-2.5k mark.
However at the same time, prices of Greater Eternal Essences on the Alliance had crashed to under 5g. I was sitting on a stock of around 100 and they were taking up bag space - so I checked the prices Horde side.
I was rather amused to see that prices were 15g a pop. As any good goblin would do, I purchased another 200 Alliance side and sent all three hundred over the neutral AH. 1500g investment alliance side gives over 4200g Horde side.
Realising that I've been being remiss on my care and attention of the horde AH I reviewed other stock I'm sitting on.
Although Saronite and titanium bars are much the same on both sides - Arctic fur was a revelation.
I purchased Borean leather for 10g a stack pre-3.3. Three stacks (30g) gives 10 Heavy borean Leather which gives one Arctic Fur. Arctic fur prices on the Alliance side have dropped and held at around 33-35g since about 3 days after 3.3
Now 10% profit doesnt fill me with much joy - however Horde are paying 55g for Arctic Fur. Thats over 70% profit and that does make Breevok a happy chap.
Over 200 furs have now been transfered across the neutral AH and are being slowly fed back into the Horde marketplace - no point flooding the market - patience is the goblins friend.
In my next post I'll stop with the hyperbole and focus on some facts and figures relating to the tranfer of goods between factions - there are things that you need to be made aware of if you are interested in developing cross-faction business interests.

3 comments:
I'll go get my notepad then and start jotting down tips :D
I too have a bank alt on the otherside, but haven't got any capital to work with as yet.
OK OK Mr Tank - I'll write the next post this afternoon :P
Well, pending more Auctioneer data, I was going to consider working the JC and Eternal markets on both sides.
Post a Comment