Thursday, January 21, 2010

Neutral AH revisited - no its not illegal

Last night as we were transfering some Eternal Fires across the AH, we were mugged. The first stack was purchased without issue, but the second stack was snaffled by a little level 1 toon in Everlook.

Following a short discussion with my friend, the lvl 1 eluded to the fact that as it was 'illegal' to transfer items across the AH, that they'd done nothing wrong.

They were of course correct in their conclusion but their reasoning was flawed. As outlined previously - there are inherent risks in transfering items across the AH - and having a third party pick up a bargain is one of them. However it is not 'illegal' nor is it considered an exploitation.

Before I started transfering items, I'd heard rumours that it was against Blizzard's rules to do it. So I did some research and found a number of blue posts which put my mind at rest. I've linked a couple below:

Issuntril says "cross-faction trading like this is not considered to be exploitation"
Issuntril states that it's "perfectly legal"

In addition one guild has used the transfering system to make gold acting as the transfer agent

So if you are worried - don't be - well not about being banned. As for being mugged thats a different matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have been mugged.. on caelestrasz also. :(

I now have my posters and different neutral ah's, only post when I'm the only one there, and check the /who list on the 3rd neutral ah. My condolences.

Post a Comment