In one comment posted by a friend earlier, my name was mentioned.
It dawned on me that this was the first time my identify had been revealed (albeit partially) and I took some time to consider how I felt about this.
I made a concious decision when I started this blog that I would remain anonymous - for a number of reasons. One of these was to lower to not attract competition to my comings and goings - at least not on my own server. Its all well and good giving people hints and tips, but its a different matter if they start using them on my server :)
There were other reasons as well - I like the anonimity to be honest. However, I have this blog in my signature on my guilds website, and often invite friends to come and visit - I know I have a number of regular readers from amongst my fellow guildies.
So I have made a decision. I am closing in on gold cap - it will be few weeks or more - but the finishing line is in sight. On the day I reach that goal, I will also reveal my armory link.
This may or may not be of interest to you - I don't know. But it'll happen anyway :)
It dawned on me that this was the first time my identify had been revealed (albeit partially) and I took some time to consider how I felt about this.
I made a concious decision when I started this blog that I would remain anonymous - for a number of reasons. One of these was to lower to not attract competition to my comings and goings - at least not on my own server. Its all well and good giving people hints and tips, but its a different matter if they start using them on my server :)
There were other reasons as well - I like the anonimity to be honest. However, I have this blog in my signature on my guilds website, and often invite friends to come and visit - I know I have a number of regular readers from amongst my fellow guildies.
So I have made a decision. I am closing in on gold cap - it will be few weeks or more - but the finishing line is in sight. On the day I reach that goal, I will also reveal my armory link.
This may or may not be of interest to you - I don't know. But it'll happen anyway :)
4 comments:
Interesting that you mention it as I am having the same thoughts as well.
It seems as hard as you try to keep something secret, it is bound to be slipped through if you accidently release a screenshot without covering one of your characters names etc.
If someone really wanted to find out my server they could find it eventually. And I don't have a way to avoid this since I make videos as well.
I am so established in my niches however that if someone decided to come compete with my starting from scratch it would take weeks and I may have moved onto other markets by then.
Well there are 103 "Sard"'s on the US Armory alone, and a significant number (~50) of your mains name you are known by, so I think you're fairly safe for now as long as the realm isn't disclosed.
I've taken particular care not to disclose too obviously who I am, but that may change soon too.
Yeah I am feeling safe enough - the server is the big giveaway. However anyone who cared knows my class, which region I am, and with the latest update to the armory - well any achievements can be tracked as well.
I'm just thankful no one cares that much
I posted a similar article a way back. I prefer to be anonymous while blogging. Better this way.
Post a Comment