Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rags to Riches - Part Two

Following the sale of the kingsblood, the second black pearl and a few other bits and bobs, I now find myself with the rather healthier bank balance of 36g 27s 65c.

There are still 69 auctions listed - mostly enchanting mats of strange dust and magic essences

Now 30g is a good place to be - it means that you can afford to make those cheap stack purchases that you couldn't before. When I bought the Kingsblood there were still about 30 on the AH that I just couldnt afford - someone else picked up those and got a bargain.

Now I can ensure that I grab a lot more of things - and the more you the more you make.

I just spent 7g on 44 items for DEing. I've set my profit margin to 50% so even though my auctioneer data isnt as robust as I would like it to be I can still be confident that all these purchases will make gold.

The other reason I am making such a deep investment in DE items, is because DEing at this level will get you skill points. I want to be able to get my DEing to 75 as quickly as possible - so I can level the profession as soon as I hit level 10 - and also so I can DE higher level items - which in turn will lead to further profits.

At this stage you have made a few sales - so you use this information to your advantage. For example - the two stranglekelp I picked for 5s each. I sold these for 1g 30s each.

Given that my data is still volatile - I still want to remain cautious. But with prior knowledge - I know that its worth investing in the 40 stranglekelp on the AH for 10s a pop.

However I would urge caution - poisoned data must be considered at this time. There are a huge number of small brilliant shards which auctioneer tells me are worth a double the asking price.

Selling at less than 2g a pop - it would be a heavy investment in my somewhat limited funds. My knowledge of my home server - where these sell for anywhere between 2-4g - would say it might be worth a punt.

I'm not going to bother though - its too early to make these punts - plus the fact there are a lot being suggested in the resale scan. Caution is the better part of valor here.

If in doubt - check an item on the front page of the AH - you can often see items listed at massively exaggerated prices - just walk away

Hints:
1. Trade goods are generally a safe investment - even if the profits arent great. Buy low and list in the middle for 48 hours - they usually sell.
2. Feel free to cancel auctions of enchanting mats - they dont have a listing price. If, as your data becomes more robust, you discover that the prices that you listed mats for were overpriced relist them. You just need capital at this stage.
3. If when DEing you get a greater essence - compare the prices of lesser v greater. Every server I go to the prices of lessers are a lot more than one third of a greater. This server is no different - for example lesser magic essences sell for 45s, greater sell for 75s. I personally wouldnt recommend using the 'converter' search on auctioneer at this point - the market for these mats is limited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to these posts. A nice change to the normal gold blog. Keep it up!

Magz said...

Am very interested in seeing how you progress Breevok. Having hit GCap I'm looking for a new challenge and this might well be it.

I am loathe however to create an alliance toon even though they are about 80% of my server. Might like the challenge of doing it on a low pop Horde side. though in saying that it's probably best if I roll on a completely different one to the one I am on.

Good luck with your efforts.

Darth Solo said...

It's not that hard to make gold from zero but it depends how much time you want to spend actually playing and leveling your character and how much time you want to spend in front of the AH.

Post a Comment