Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WARNING! Malicious Links in Comments




Well I don't know if this means my blogs moved onto the next level, but this morning I had a comment (from 很好啊) placed against one of yesterday's posts which contained a url link. I obviously did not visit the site and I sincerely hope that none of my readers clicked the link either

Now I am not really one for policy - my real life job is policy driven so I like to keep my blog a lot more fluidic - but I will not tolerate my site being used to spread anything malicious. The comment has been deleted.

I have seen this comment on other blogs - and as a number of these blogs havent seen much new posting for a while - I urge caution to you all when visiting sites over the next wee while until people return from vacations and start posting again.

Sadly, if I receive another such comment on this blog I will have to start moderating comments before allowing them to be published. I know this goes against the whole ethos of what I am trying to achieve with CSAHFs but your safety comes first.

I thank you for understanding.

2 comments:

Kraklin said...

I know with wordpress there is an option to send any comments WITH a link to moderation, (or with >x amount of links) which allows normal comments without links to pass as usual.

That would cut down on the moderation times.

Breevok said...

Unfortunately blogspot doesnt appear to have the same functionality. You have the option to moderate all, moderate comments on posts more than 14 days old, or no moderation at all.

Oh well we'll see what happens ... hopefully this is a one off issue and won't be of concern to me again

Post a Comment