Friday, January 15, 2010

Spending Gold - where would yours go?


Since my post last week where I confessed I was less than half way to gold cap, I did take some time to review my income and outgoings to see if there was something I could do to ensure that my progress was accelerated a little.

As a result this week I've tried to spend as little gold as possible - and with a few niche items selling (flicked a couple of Tankards O'Terror, a greatness card etc) - its been a productive week - and have increased my wealth quite significantly (although we are talking 25-30k, not 50k).

To me reaching Gold Cap will not be a stepping stone to a million gold - so all this scrimping and saving will have similar results to winning the lotto - so I've endulged in some fantasy spending this week to sate my spending appetite.

If gold was in endless supply I would most obviously buy battered hilts for both priest and hunter. Primordial Saronite would be purchased enmasse for crafted footwear (and possibly leggings) for my toons. There is a BoE neckpiece for my hunter thats pretty sexy as well. I'd make a bike for my hunter (she only has an elephant and a horse - yeah I have a social streak). Rings of the Kirin Tor would be reviewed and at least one purchased.

All up, at current prices, thats the best part of 100k. And thats just on me. I'd need another 70-80k to suit out my partners toons as well.

So it seems that once gold cap is reach, my master plan is to spend it all and start all over again. Well at least I have a goal for future - it makes saving easier.

So what would you buy if money was no object?

8 comments:

goblinssuck said...

Losing respect for using "social" as a perjorative.

Kraklin said...

I would probably spend mine all on GDKP runs, gearing my rogue like crazy. Maybe spend about 20k paying a guild to run me through Ulduar to get the iron proto drake.

Other than that, I'd donate some to the odd person or friends to help them with purchases. Then keep the rest locked up for future expenditures.

Breevok said...

Just using the term to convey the accepted meaning of the work in the wow-blogsphere. 'Social', 'Goblin' and even 'M&S' are now part of the language.

If calling myself something you consider derogatory loses your respect - please avoid my post on the resale function of Auctioneer where I actually did use the term in a desparaging manner.

I'd hate for you to get upset.

BellaTheTank said...

Think it'd be a Mammoth for practical purposes:
Raid repairs, Vendoring trash while questsing and giving low lvl guild alts a ride to X. The question is which toon would I buy it for?

While I like new gear, I tend not to be too desperate to be on the leading edge of the curve. Full 245's is fine thanks for now so I don't think there'll be too much spent on Primordial Saronite here, at least not until they're under 1k each.
My Shammy Alt will probably get 5-10k in gear dropped on it when she hits 80.
In fact I have been wondering for a bit what I'm going to do with this gold I'm accumulating (albiet slowly)

BellaTheTank said...

Addendum as I can't edit: I slightly misread the post;
If money was no object, ALL the vendor mounts (inc. bike);
a few stacks of Primordial Saronite for gear;
learn all the JC recipes;
and I'd have some seriously twinked out lvl19 bank alts.
There's very little BoE gear that is of use to me at the moment, so very little gold would go that way.

Cnpj said...

i'm saving for Cataclism
actualy i'm siting in a 245k pile of gold (after some icc crafts for my main)...
my goal is 500k (100k to each of my toons)

Darth Solo said...

Like you said.
Battered Hilts for everyone, Tundra Mammoths, Primordial Saronite gear for everyone, Kirin Tor rings for everyone and... that's about it I guess.
Thing is, I have over 200K gold but I'm not spending it on frivolities. I want to see what Cataclysm will bring, and then decide if it's worth spending some of that cash on mounts and such.

goblinssuck said...

It's the use of those terms that loses my respect. They're born from stupidity and it's stupid to perpetuate the stupidity.

You have a decent blog that's not all about scamming and treating other people like dirt. But use of gevlonisms sullies it and makes you sound like one of his stupid sycophants.

Post a Comment