Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The format of this blog - your opinion

Well with a new year comes the opportunity for change - and I'm considering a few cosmetic changes to this blog.

However to be honest I quite like it as it is - but I do know that some people don't enjoy reading white text on a dark background (although I personally find it quite appealing).

So I throw it over to you, my readers, for input. Let me know what changes (if any) you'd like to see made to the look and style of CSAHFs. All opinions will be considered. Just put your comments below.

3 comments:

BellaTheTank said...

I actually like the black background a lot. Its actually a lot easier on my eyes than a white background.
It also separates you from the crowd too

Hulan said...

Personally I prefer dark text on a light background although, as Bella points out, sometimes white is too bright. Having said that, I usually read in a feed-reader so unless I visit to comment the dark background isn't a problem :)

My bigger gripe is with the comments box. I assume there is a new option on Blogger now as I have problems with yours and others. Mainly that I can't move around easily to edit my numerous typos (key commands don't work, not possible to copy/paste) and that it no longer sets a cookie so I have to re-enter my details. Again, it's not a big deal, more of a niggle. Content is king and i have no complaints about that on this blog! :)

Darth Solo said...

Do what I did. If you want to keep a similar color scheme, try to lower the contrast a bit between the background (pure black) and the text (pure white). It's less hard on the eyes. Truth be told, I should probably switch to black text and white background but there are too many things to change, but I might end up doing it.

I think you'd be better off though with black text on white.

Post a Comment